What is the ACPAC Special Interest Group?
The Advanced Clinician Practitioner in Arthritis Care (ACPAC) Special Interest Group (SIG) was formed at the Annual General Meeting of ACPAC Graduates and Trainees in October 2017. As the number of ACPAC graduates and trainees increased, a need was identified to formalize ourselves as a unique healthcare resource. In 2019, AHPA formally established the ACPAC SIG within its organizational structure. To date, work has focused on advancing ACPAC roles within the healthcare system by establishing pillars and priorities, of which Leadership is the foundation for our pillars of Advocacy, Research and Education.
Why join the ACPAC SIG?
The ACPAC SIG represents all graduates and trainees of the ACPAC program who wish to become members. The benefits of becoming a member of the ACPAC SIG include:
- A collective virtual home;
- Post-ACPAC training educational opportunities geared to the ACPAC graduate;
- A forum to promote advocacy of advanced practice/extended roles to stakeholders;
- Opportunities for research related to advanced practice/extended roles; and
- Leadership development amongst members.
There is strength in numbers! We strongly encourage each and every ACPAC graduate to become an AHPA/ACPAC SIG member.
What is the cost of joining the ACPAC SIG?
There will be an additional $25 fee for ACPAC SIG members, in addition to the AHPA membership fee of $125 (total membership fee is $150).
How do I join the ACPAC SIG?
Two ways to join the ACPAC SIG (please note you must be an ACPAC graduate or trainee)
- Select JOIN AHPA (top left of homepage) and register as a NEW MEMBER. Complete the form and select the SIG(s) you are interested in joining.
- If you are already an AHPA member, select JOIN AHPA and scroll to select SIG Membership and complete form.
How do I access the ACPAC SIG Members Only area?
Sign in to website and select My SIGs from Main Navigation or Member Centre.
ACPAC SIG Committee Members
Chair: Gillian Grant
Secretary-Treasurer: Joanne Hill
Education Committee Chair: Michelle Bridge
Advocacy Committee Co-Chairs: Chandra Farrer and Sameer Chunara
Research Committee Chair: Laura Passalent
Communications Committee Chair: Vacant
AHPA-ORA Liaison: Osk Jenkins
Website Liaison: Michelle Bridge
Adhoc Members: Jennifer Burt, Julie Herrington, Anne MacLeod, Sue MacQueen, Leslie Soever
Leave of Absence: Lisa Caldana and Lynn Richards